2022 Prices and Availability
I am offering a plan to address the availability of homes in 2022. I cannot get a home this fall.
Why am I offering a plan for 2022?
I expect that availability will be a problem in 2022. It has been 3 of the last 4 years. I believe that I have to get ahead of it.
I called the factory on July 10th. I asked "if I ordered a home, when would I get it". The answer was March. I believe that if you wait until spring to order for next year, you will be looking at a fall delivery. I believe all the factories and dealers have the same problem. The communities (mobile home parks) will be ordering even more homes next year. That sucks up all the production of the factory. Besides I have never seen demand for homes larger that this year. If I could have gotten homes, I would have a sore arm from writing all the purchase orders.
I have come up with a plan with the following features:
This is a way to get started on something for next year.
- Order the home anytime from now until next spring. The earlier the better.
- 30 day before build date cancelation. In other words, if your home is scheduled to be built on May 1st, you have up to April 1st to cancel. You can say that I want the home in May, June, July, August, etc. You don't have to take it in the spring.
- No deposit is required to order. No risk on your part. The deposit would be required at the 30 day before cancelation date. That is when lot preparation needs to be started.
- We figure out the floor plan and options that you want.
- You can shop and compare. If you get a better home for you- cancel.
- You can do it over the phone or in person. Please call for a phone appointment or an in-person appointment. Then you know I am available.
Who knows what the future will be for pricing and availability. I would like to see it stabilize but I am not sure when that will happen
All I do know that if you wait until spring, you have a good shot at not getting anything but the choice of stock homes at the dealer lots. I expect the dealers will stock more homes but I don't know what they will stock. I am going to be stocking more homes. The problem taking stock homes is that you pay for what the dealer wants not what you want. Build it your way is always better, in my opinion.
I might get a lot of practice if people cancel. I get that. I am just trying to figure out a way to get homes built in the spring. All fall deliveries and no spring deliveries is what I am trying to avoid. I can't think of another way of doing it.